Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Monday, September 27, 2010

Scratch That

It only took me 8 weeks to figure out that the reason I was having so many anxiety attacks while I was recovering from my broken ankle surgery was the darn pain meds. Last Friday I kept one of my dear friends up until 3:00am becuase I was freaking out for no reason, and over the 7 weeks prior to that, I have spent many nights medicated because of similar issues.
Well I have not taken any pain medication for my healing ankle since last Friday and my nights have been wonderful. No crazy dreams. No pacing. No up and down from the sofa to the chair and then back again.
It was simply the hydrocodone that was doing it and to be honest with you, it is much easier living with a little pain and getting a good night sleep than it is to take that stuff. It is no wonder so many kids are into those prescription drugs. Not only did that particular medication take away the pain, but it made me so restless. It gave me dreams like I have never experienced, and then when it was combined with the anxiety meds needed to deal with the side affects, it pretty much made me a zombie.
Oh sure, most people like to escape once in awhile but that is ridiculous. Put that stuff in the hands of a minor, or an adult for that matter, who is not strong enough, or wise enough to deal with life head on and you are asking for a problem.
I still had 11 doses left and they are now in the trash. Not for me. BAAAADDD NEWS!
On a lighter note, I have begun working out and training for my Michigan Coast to Coast for a Cure fund raiser, Pedal and Paddle to Fight Cancer. I made some major changes in my eating and began paddling my kayak and using my Total Gym and I feel great. 321 days from now we will see just how serious I was in preparing.
If you would like to know more about my fundraiser check out my blog at
www.micoast2coast4acure.blogspot.com, or go to my facebook page Pedal and Paddle to Fight Cancer, or hit my website www.michigancoast2coast4acure.webs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment