Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We'll Meet Again

I was just a child when we first met. You were no more than an infant. 3rd grade for me in a new school and a new neighborhood and you not old enough to remember much of it. Your older sisters and I grew to become good friends while you were still just a happy go lucky, yet sometimes pesty little girl. Then came the end of my 7th grade year and we were moving again, but this time it was not just to another part of town, it was hours apart, and there was a heaviness in my heart.
Over our 4 years as neighbors our families had become like one family. Though you were the youngest, I never forgot you or your brother and sisters. I ofter wondered what you were up to. How was school going for all of you. Always wishing and praying that life was treating you well. A dozen years past yet you were all still in my heart.
One day, in my early 20s, my new wife and I decide to move to the Florida Keys and we were once again neighbors of sorts. Though we were not next door neighbors, Key Largo was small enough that we were able to stay in touch on a fairly regular basis and get reaquainted. Yes the years had changed all of us but you were still that little girl I new in Fenton. It was like being at home all over again and my other family was back in my life. Yet,once again, it was for all to short of a period.
In 1989 my oldest son was born in Key West, and Dawn and I decided it was time to move back to Michigan and raise our kids as we had been raised. I have again thought many times over the past 20 years about how you all are. From time to time, one of you would just pop into my head, without explanation, and I would ponder what your lives might be like. Did you all now have kids? Were there any grandkids for you? What each of you was doing for a living? Did you still have that curly, sandy blonde hair and like to pester your older sisters?
Just about a week ago I thought why not look on Facebook to see if I could locate any of you. Then the day before yesterday I log onto my FB account and see a message from your sister Tonya. She was just wanting my parents to get ahold of your father. I was so excited to hear from her that I probably over loaded her with questions and my personal information. 20 years had past and it was to long, I wanted to know everything.
Shortly after sending Tonya the message, I received one of the most heart breaking messages I have ever received.
You were no longer with us.
I did not want to believe it and still don't.
Why?
You were such a wonderful person. Although I did not know you much as an adult it is hard for me to believe that you could have done so wrong to have your life ended so short.
I cried that night, and again last night, and will again.
My heart is heavy for you and your family.
I pray you have found a better place.
You, Traci, are in my prayers and I will always remeber you.
I will see you again some day my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment