Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just My Opinion

For some reason, there are those around all of us, who think their ideas and opinions are more valuable and should be heard over those of others. I know I am not always right. I understand my opinions might ocassionally offend someone, but that is never my intention. If I am wrong, I admit it. If my wrong doings have hurt or offended someone I try to apologize or make it right as soon as possible, and take responsibility for my actions. Many others refuse to do so. To tell me, publicly, that my opinions are stupid and that I should keep them to myself is about as hypocritical as one can get. To voice an opinion telling someone else to not voice their opinion is, in my eyes, wrong.
It seems to me that a person giving their opinion that someone else should not give their opinion is putting themselves at a higher level than the one they are criticizing. If you think you are so much better then someone that your opinion should be heard whereas theirs should not, there is definitely some confusion going on somewhere.
I am a good person, and I know that in my heart. I do not wish bad for anyone, even those I do not care for. I do my best to get along with everyone, even when I would rather not be in the company of some of them. To attack me because I voiced concern for a member of my family is wrong and hurtful.
I made an assumption and was wrong. I admitted it in public as soon as I possibly could and took responsibility, but I was attacked. If those that treated me wrongly choose to believe they are right and did no wrong,well, so be it.
I do not understand why it is so hard for so many people to face the fact and admit to themselves and others that they were wrong. I believe that seeing faults in yourself and taking responsibility for those shortcomings only makes us a stronger and better individual as life progresses. Should we no longer pass on to our children to do to others as you wish them to do to you. Should we teach our children and grandchildren that the opinions of others should not be heard. An opinion is just an opinion. Noone has to agree with it. All the same, no one should attack a person because they disagree with the others opinion.
I openly welcome criticism, good or bad, but to tell me that my opinion should not be heard can only be taken to mean that they are not as important as others.
I am just as good, and important, of a person as anyone else and deserve the respect that the others around me are given. If anyone feels that I do not deserve that respect then they should probably not take an interest in my life or what I have to say. If you are one of those people and feel compelled to continue to criticise me destructively whenever I make a mistake, well there is nothing I can do about that. I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment