Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Vicious Spiral

For months my world is calm, floating peacefully in a glass like sea. All is well, kids are great, new grandbaby, fishing has been outstanding. My artwork is starting to spread around the country and my writings are being asked for. My wife is a wonderful woman from whom I could ask for no more. Suddenly in the middle of that sparkling calm sea comes a wind shear.
Like a great Noreaster, the world around me starts to waver. The calmness is fading. My steady float has been disrupted by a severe cross wind. Turbulence has been created under my little raft of life. Crashing in from all sides, ideas and opinions are like the monstrous seas in the middle of a typhoon. Just as I break the top of one curling white cap and think I see calm water, another unseen wave of disruption comes crashing down . But my little raft, built with love and perseverance, heart and a strong will, holds steady as my life begins to spin.
Slowly at first, then like the rush of a washing machine on full spin cycle. Who's wrong? Who's right? A plea for calm and understanding. An attack on the soul. From every direction at once. I begin spiral helplessly. Into the vortex my life is engulfed.
As I look around at the trials of life spinning viciuosly by, I see a glimpse of hope. My wife is there, by my side. She is supporting me even if, for some reason, I can not quite see it. My youngest son, just 13 but wise for his age, allows me to rant and then speaks calmly of things that he most know will relieve my termoil. What I thought was an endless spin into a life of regret and lonliness is fading. The seas are subsiding.
Allowing me to speak. Letting me ramble on about things that are really not important or relevant to what is really happenning, my family is the light at the bottom of the vicious spiral.
I ease my way slowly back into the calmness for which I am so fond. My life will get back to normal, and it will not take long. The spinning has ended and the seas are only slightly choppy. By the end of the day I will once again see my relection on the mirror surface of the sea of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment