Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alive and Loving It


It has been quite sometime since I pulled an almost all nighter working. I sat down at my drawing table yesterday afternoon and started another drawing. I am currently designing the cover and 12 months of a calendar for a website so I began another of the months. By late evening I had it complete and was, for some strange reason, very pleased with the results. Watching a movie, or two, with my wonderful wife, I had the itch to draw more when she finally went to bed sometime around 11pm. I sat back at the drawing table and completed an entire drawing by 1:30am. This particular drawing was not for the calendar, just something for practice and to use as a demo/show piece. This is just a simple portrait of one of my favorite actresses. Not a lot of detail but a bit of a challenge none the less.
Awake at 5:am to drop off my wife at work and head to my own job. Now I know I did get about 3 hours of sleep by the time I actually fell asleep, but believe me it is not quite as easy these days. Being a 45 year old is not as simple as it might sound. Sure living in general is easy, but to push the limits is a bit tougher. Though every time I do push myself, whether it be physically and/or mentally, (lack of sleep would fall into both of those for me), I feel totally recharged when it is over.
All the termoil of last week is gone. I intentionally thought about some of the garbage that had gone on last week and did not even get upset, in fact I sort of chuckled about it. Looking at the fact that it is going to be a really long day after such a night seems to have only picked me up even more. Knowing that my lovely wife and 13 year old son will be at home to greet me this evening is such a wonderful feeling. I am alive and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment