Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Friday, July 23, 2010

A Letter From Grandpa

Right now there are just the two of you, Gavin and Halen my wonderful grandsons, but I am sure in the future there are more to come. Neither of you can read just yet, in fact Halen you are still trying to figure out how to hold up your head. After not seeing either of you for almost a month I wondered if Gavin would remember me, but when I walked through that door it was plain to see. With one hand, Gavin, you covered your eyes but you walked right to me, were you just playing shy? When I picked you up and saw that smile across your face, my heart was instantly in a wonderful place. And Halen I could see a smile in your eyes, even though it was hidden by your restless cries. This is not just for you but for all my grandkids. For all the good, and the bad, and the silly things you did.
I remember my grandmas and grandpas and all the love that they shared, and no matter how rotten I was, they always cared. Grandpa Krajenka was always ready to offer plenty of candy, what a kid wants the most, and Grandma Krajenka never failed with the hot tea and toast. Grandpa Swatz was a mountain of a man to me. He taught me to hunt and to fish, and avoid his grip on my knee. Grandma Swatz was always full of love and never sent us away, but she would not answer the door until she hid that secret ashtray.
I know there were times that my grandparents were mad at me, but I only remember them being happy.
To Gavin and Halen and those who are not here yet, I’m going to be a good grandpa, on that you can bet. I will spoil you, and treat you all well. If I sneak you a snack you must never tell. I will show you my world and and my look on life, and oh yeah, don’t forget grandma, my wonderful wife. She’s going to love you and hug you and to her, you will never be bad, and when you get a scrape on your knee, I guarantee you, she will be sad.
I’m sure that at some point with you all , I’ll be mad, this is true, but I pray you only remember the good when my life is through.
Love Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment