Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Think My Wife Actually Likes Me?

If you are not up to date with my latest trauma, then let me fill you in, if you are please stand by.
About 3 weeks ago I broke both bones in my lower right leg and had to have surgery to put install a plate and several screws to hold the bones together. Blah, Blah, spare the rest of the details.
The first week after the injury I was pretty much out of touch with reality due to major pain, and anxiety meds. Yet I somehow managed not to mess myself or further injure my leg. I was also able to maintain enough nutrition in my body to keep me from shrivelling up and dehydrating.
Week 2 I was back on our planet and realizing what a pain in the ass this is.
Now week 3 and I am fully aware of the fact that my wonderful wife is the soul reason that I am clean and healthy, even though I am "broken".
That first week she must have waited on me hand foot. I can only imagine the extra burden on her. Making sure I had my medication, my meals, plenty of water, clean clothes, and her shoulder to lean on when I was freaking out from anxiety.
Week 2 and 3 have been just as bad for her because she is back to work full time and still brings me my meals, sets out clean clothes for me for work, and has managed to keep her chin up and have a great attitude through it all.
How does a guy deserve such a terrific person in his life. 28 years with her has truly been a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment