Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my personal blog. This is simply life through my eyes. The good times and the bad. Lifes triumphs and downfalls. I have no intention of offending anyone but if that happens there is not much I can do about it. I do not appologize for anything that others might not agree with for this is "How I See It". I hope you enjoy sharing my life and check in regularly.



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Soul Mate!

June 25th, 1982 was by far, the most important day of my life. It was on that day that my wife and I went on our first date. It was a bit strange as I had never really considered dating her. Not that she was not beautiful, because she was certainly "hot", with a body to kill for. It was just that I was never really much of one for dating. My time was spent on more productive things like hunting, partying, fishing,partying, trapping, partying and partying. I trapped and helped my father paint houses and install floor covering all through my childhood, providing me with all the spending money an adolescent boy could ever want, but spending it on dating seemed like a waste of my hard earned money.
Why would I spend my money on taking a girl to a movie, or out to dinner when I could by a new shotgun, or fishing gear, go skiing with the buddies or to a concert. Lots of headbanging in those days. Of course there was always the cost of mind altering, recreational activities also, but we will not go into those details, it was just a part of my life back then. Then came June of 1982, the summer between my junior and senior year in high school.
I was playing basketball with a neighbor when my brother and his girlfriend , along with her best friend Dawn, both of whom were also in my graduating class, showed up and asked me if I wanted to go to a Blue Oyster Cult Concert. A concert? Duh! Yeah, and it didn't seem like a date to me as I thought I was just tagging along for a good time. We partied, we rocked, we had a great time and I asked to see her again, then again and again.
I was hooked from that first moment, June 25th 1982. We immediately bonded. I let her look into my soul. We talked, we laughed, we kissed goodnight, and several months later we made love. I had honestly never wanted to have sex with another girl, but Dawn was different. My heart belonged to her and I prayed that she would always want me in her life. It was the first time for both of us and it was great. A bit awkward, but great.
Now 28+ years later we are still together. Still the only sexual partners either of us have ever had, and she is the only one I have ever wanted. She has given me 3 wonderful sons and 2 grandsons. She has always been there for me when I was down. She puts up with all the BS that I could possibly throw at her and continues to love me in return. She made me my sauteed peaches and ice cream last night for Gods sake. I love her more every day and pray we live to be 100 just so that I will have more time with her.
If anyone wonders if there are such things as soul mates I would have to say yes. From the deepest part of my being, yes, for I have found mine.
I love you Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment